|Terms & Conditions
Fit Zone T&C
Fit Zone enforces a strict 12 hour cancellation policy. If you have reserved your place in an FitZone and fail to cancel 12 hours in advance you will be charged for the class.
Fit Zone enforces a strict Late Cancel Policy. You must arrive 10 minutes prior to your class or you will forfeit your spot and incur the late cancel charge of $10. You must be on time to class to properly stretch and warm-up prior to engaging in an Fit Zone class.
Fit Zone wants you to come to class fully prepared for strenuous activity: enclosed running shoes, athletic shorts/pants, athletic t-shirt, towel and water bottle. We reserve the right to refuse you entrance into the studio if you are not properly attired.
Your Fit Zone membership gives you access to attend 4, 8 or unlimited classes per month, depending on the package you have purchased. It is the member's responsibility to schedule the classes they plan to attend and to cancel any classes that they can't attend. Members who show up to a class that they have not scheduled may be denied entry, unless there is space, they have not exceeded their weekly allotment and the instructor has granted permission. Members who fail to cancel a class that they do not attend will have that missed class count against their weekly allotment and will not have the opportunity to make up that class. Members who do cancel a class that they can't attend can schedule another class in it's place. Cancellations must be done 12 hours before class begins.
The membership contract is in effect until cancelled. The contract will renew automatically on an annual basis unless notice of cancellation is received. Your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) will be billed once a month from the date you sign up for the membership package you have selected.
Membership cancellation notices must be received in writing 30 days prior to the next billing cycle.
It is the responsibility of the participant to attend all classes that are signed up for during the month. There are no refunds for missed classes. If a class is missed due to issues beyond your control, you may make up the class with any scheduled class during that same month, provided you have cancelled the class within 12 hours of the start time. No carryovers. You must notify Fit Zone Milpitas of your intention to make up a class. Fit Zone will inform you of the classes with available space and will schedule you into the class that you choose. Failure to attend your scheduled make-up class will result in the forfeiture of the make-up opportunity for that month. Limited to one (1) makeup class per month.
Vacation holds: you may place your membership on hold up to 2x per year for a maximum of one month starting from the following month by giving written notice at least 10 days in advance of your next billing cycle. Vacation hold notice must be provided in advance; credit for classes missed while on vacation will be moved forward - no refunds.
Once a session has started (first class of the four-week session) there are no refunds. In the event of injury, if a doctor determines in writing that you cannot continue the program, a credit will be given for a future program. No cash refunds. No transfers.
Each participant must be in good health, complete a liability waiver, and state any medical condition that may restrict their ability to exercise.
Fit Zone, LLC may require medical clearance before a participant is allowed to begin a program if it appears that prior medical history, disease, disability, illness or injury is possibly a danger to the participant’s health and safety.
Walk-ins – may be booked online. You may also call or e-mail to check for availability.
Guests – Occasional special guest days will be announced. Members will receive two guest passes per year.
Classes will be canceled on certain holidays, check calendar for schedule.
Members who do not return Fit Zone’s heart rate monitors will be charged $40.00.
All memberships with Fit Zone are required to have a Milpitas Star Aquatics membership before they are eligible for a Fit Zone membership.
MSTA Membership T&C
1. Use of Facilities Subject to MSTAF discretion: Membership to the MSTAF entitles members to use MSTAF facilities as designated by MSTAF as to what parts of its facilities may be used and as to when said parts of the facilities may be used. MSTAF shall provide members with this information in the Milpitas Star Aquatics & Fitness Center Schedule which is subject to change at any time at MSTAF’s sole discretion and without prior notice to members.
2. Age Restrictions: Children under the age of 18 years old are not permitted to use the pools without being accompanied by an adult member that is at least 18 years old. Children under the age of 14 years old are not permitted to use the gym. Children between the ages of 14 years old and 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult member that is at least 18 years old.
3. Initial Membership Fee Payment: Upon enrollment, member agrees to pay MSTAF the monthly membership fees for the current month and last month of member’s intended membership term.
4. Account Type and Address: All members on an account must have the same type of membership and reside at the same address.
5. Account Members: Each membership account shall have a maximum of two (2) adult members with a maximum of six (6) members per account.
6. Schedule of Use: All members agree to use MSTAF facilities in accordance with the Milpitas Star Aquatics & Fitness Center Schedule which is subject to change at any time at MSTAF’s sole discretion and without prior notice to members.
7. Pool Use: Only members who have Aqua-Gold or Aqua-Platinum level accounts shall have access to MSTAF’s pools. Members agree that any member who violates this policy shall pay a $200.00 use charge per instance of violation to MSTAF and agrees that the member’s membership may be immediately thereafter be terminated by MSTAF.
8. Account Hold: Members may request a hold on their membership accounts for a maximum of 3 months in any calendar year for charge of $5.00 per the number of people on the account. During the hold period, members shall no longer have any access to MSTAF’s facilities. Upon completion of the requested hold period, MSTAF will resume automatic charges to the authorized credit card for the member’s account and member may access MSTAF’s facilities as allowed pursuant to member’s account.
9. Medical Leave: Members shall provide MSTAF written request accompanied by a doctor’s note within a month of any illness that may affect the members’ attendance.
10. Charges for Changes to Membership Account: Members agree to pay a $5.00 per person charge to remove a member from your account. Members agree to pay a $5.00 per person charge to change the level of members’ account.
11. Terms Subject to Change: All fees, hours and terms of membership are subject to change at MSTAF’s sole discretion at any time and without notice to members.
12. Member Cancellation: Members may cancel this agreement subject to the following terms:
a) All cancellations of membership shall be made by provided MSTAF through a completed and signed Membership Cancellation Form (provided by MSTAF) either personally in person to the MSTAF front desk staff or by certified or registered mail to MSTAF at the following address: Milpitas Star Aquatics & Fitness, 1818 Clear Lake Ave, Milpitas, CA 95035. MSTAF. Failure to submit the form as stated above shall not be considered a request to cancel membership with MSTAF.
b) Members, who have paid the last month’s membership fee upon enrolling with MSTAF, must have their Membership Cancellation Form received by MSTAF on or before the 25th day of the current month so that the cancellation will be effective at the end of the following month. All membership fees paid for the current month are non-refundable and deemed earned. Initial enrollment fees will not be refunded. Any additional funds paid by members that are greater than the following month’s membership fees shall be refunded to member.
13. Proration: Fees will be prorated by month: if you hold membership for a single day in a given month, fees for the entire month will be applied.
14. MEDIA RELEASE: Members authorize MSTAF to use photos or videos taken of themselves or their family members, and to allow MSTAF to identify them therein, for the purposes of promoting MSTAF, including, but not limited to, MSTAF’s website, MSTAF’s newsletter, local newspapers and television advertisements.
15. MSTAF Termination: MSTAF may terminate any membership without cause and for any reason without prior notice to any member. I have read and fully understand all the terms and conditions provided above and hereby certify and agree to abide by the above terms and conditions with regard to my membership and membership of all persons listed in membership account with MSTAF.